It’s never too late to achieve the confident, straight smile you’ve always wanted. Orthodontic treatment can be successful at any age and orthodontic treatment for adults is becoming increasingly popular. Dr. Iris Erdell at Walnut Creek Orthodontics offers adults multiple state-of-the-art treatment options to suit your needs.
So what kind of treatments are available to adults?
● Traditional metal braces are probably the most well-known way to straighten teeth.
● Clear braces: Today, braces are also available in a clear “sapphire-like” material offering a much more discreet option. Clear braces deliver the precision of fixed orthodontic appliances with a better look.
● Clear aligners: Invisalign® is sometimes the adult favorite because it can go virtually unnoticeable. This treatment consists of a series of clear trays molded to the shape of your teeth. Invisalign® trays need to be worn 22 hours every day to move your teeth little by little until they achieve the prescribed result.
Are there any benefits to adult orthodontic treatment?
Yes, many! Here are some to name a few:
● Confident smile: There is nothing like wanting to show off your smile. Misaligned teeth cause many adults to feel self-conscious about their smile.
● Healthier gums: Food is more likely to get trapped and cause plaque buildup, which is harder to brush and appropriately floss, increasing the chances of gum disease (periodontal disease). Crowded teeth can cause redness and swelling of the gums.
● Stronger teeth: Teeth are constantly put under pressure. Crooked teeth can receive more wear and tear and a misaligned bite can mean uneven force on your jaw. Trapped food in misaligned teeth can cause tooth decay.
● Overall Improvement of health: A misaligned bite, worn or missing teeth can make it more difficult to fully chew food, causing gastrointestinal problems. Inflammation of the gums has been linked to heart disease and diabetes.
Are you interested in a straighter, healthier smile? We are confident that we can find a treatment that fits your lifestyle. Click below to book a complimentary consultation with Dr. Iris Erdell at Walnut Creek Orthodontics. We look forward to meeting you!